Working out outside can offer several benefits compared to exercising indoors. Some of these benefits include:
1. Fresh air: When you exercise outside, you get to breathe in fresh air, which can help you feel energized and improve your mood. This is especially true if you live in a city or an area with a lot of pollution, as exercising outdoors can provide a much-needed break from the indoor air.
2. Natural light: Exposure to natural light can help regulate your circadian rhythm and improve your sleep quality. Additionally, getting some sun exposure can boost your vitamin D levels, which can help with bone health and immune system function.
3. Variety: When you work out outside, you can take advantage of different terrain and natural features, such as hills, trails, and parks. This can add variety to your workout routine and help prevent boredom.
4. Increased calorie burn: Outdoor workouts often require more effort than indoor workouts, as you may have to contend with wind resistance, uneven terrain, and changes in elevation. This can result in a higher calorie burn and more effective workouts.
5. Reduced stress: Spending time outside can help reduce stress and improve your overall mental health. Being in nature and away from the hustle and bustle of daily life can be calming and restorative.
6. Social interaction: Exercising outside can also provide opportunities for social interaction, whether it’s joining nyc abc or playing pickup basketball, or simply walking with a friend. This can help you stay motivated and accountable, and may even lead to new friendships.
Sign up now! Work with me! 🙂